- Insert the Pen Drive (1GB at least) in the USB port try to prefer 4GB
- Open My Computer.
- Right-click on the icon of the newly inserted flash drive and select “Properties”.
- In the “Removable Disk Properties” page go to “ReadyBoost” tab
- If you want to dedicate the entire space of your flash drive for ReadyBoost you can select the radio button that says “Dedicate this device to ReadyBoost”.
- Clilck “Ok” buttons on all Windows to accept and confirm your selections and configurations.
If this is your first time using eBoostr it will ask you to enable a cache device, click “yes” to proceed.
eBoostr's Configuration Wizard will begin. From here eBoostr will find all available devices it can use including any unused RAM.
eBoostr will then prompt you to choose which devices to use when creating a cache.
Once the cache has been created, you will be taken to eBoostr's control panel.
From here it is best to minimize eBoostr and allow it to operate in the background. With use eBoostr will continue to improve system performance as it adds frequently used programs to its cache. If you wish to use some of eBoostr's features, additional instructions are provided below.
If you wish to control which applications benefit from eBoostr, click the "Options" tab at the top of the window and scroll down to "Applications Priority..."
From here a list of all programs eBoostr can booster is visible. Simply drag programs from the list on the right and drop them on the list on the left to boost those programs.
- Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7 RC (all 32 and 64 bit systems supported)
- USB 2.0 port version or memory card reader
- Flash drive or memory card with at least 2.5 MB/sec random read speed